A dog muzzle works by keeping your pup’s mouth closed or contained. Specifically, how a dog muzzle works depend on your dog breed, your dog’s behavior, and the type of dog muzzle you use. Regardless of which dog muzzle you decide to use, make sure the muzzle allows for easy breathing and panting.
If you’re going on daily walks and your dogs are fearful of strangers, it is best to get a basket muzzle. Basket muzzle straps around your dog’s snout while still allowing him or her to open their mouths comfortably, eat small treats, pant freely, and drink water.
If you are muzzle training or muzzle conditioning your dogs not to bite, the basket dog muzzle is a great device to prevent biting. Additionally, there are basket muzzles that have slits along the side so you can give your dogs larger dog treats through the slit bars.
If you have an active dog or a dog that reacts aggressively towards other dogs and strangers, wearing the basket dog muzzle is the solution. Wearing a basket dog muzzle allows your furry friend to run, play, pant freely, and drink water without biting or barking at others around her.
On the contrary, the occlusion muzzle is like a straight jacket that’s made of fabric and it wraps around your dog’s mouth to keep the mouth closed. An occlusion muzzle can be used as a muzzle to stop dogs from barking or a dog muzzle to prevent biting. Many dog owners will have their dogs wear the occlusion muzzle for short periods of time such as during dog grooming procedures or brief veterinary visits.
If your dog gets anxious or stressed out when visiting the veterinarian or professional groomer and reacts by biting herself or barking at others around her, wearing the occlusion muzzle helps to prevent any potential injury and allows the veterinarian or the professional dog groomer to concentrate.
After the veterinarian or professional groomer appointment, the occlusion muzzle should be taken off. It’s not a good idea to wear the occlusion muzzle for long periods of time because it prevents your dogs from panting, eating, and drinking.
If you have short snout dogs, the type of dog muzzle you’ll want to get is the short snout muzzle. It prevents your dog from biting or eating inedible objects. Some short snout muzzle covers the entire face while others are designed with eye holes so it’s more comfortable for the dog’s eyes.
This short snout muzzle is specially designed for short nose dogs.
No matter which type of dog muzzle your dogs are wearing, make sure it fits comfortably and securely as well as allowing your canines to breathe properly. Please make sure to always supervise them while they are wearing it.
On a separate note, we’ve provided a review of the Zuke’s Mini Naturals treats we mentioned above. We’ve also included customers’ reviews of this delicious dog treat.
This dog treat is easy to chew and does not distract your pup from the training process. One of the best dog training treats, it’s less than 3 calories each so the reward is guilt-free!
The Zuke’s Mini Naturals dog treats are soft and small, which makes them great for puppy training. Each bite is wholesome and tender and your puppy will want more of it. The small treat size allows your dog to focus on the training instead of focusing on chewing her food. Thus, the treat is not distracting her from the training. Each treat is less than 3 calories so the reward is guilt-free. No matter which flavor you choose for your puppy or dog, each of them is made of real ingredients with whole food berries.
Zuke’s Mini Naturals Key Features:
- Available in various flavors: Chicken, Peanut Butter, Duck, Peanut Butter & Oats, Pork, Rabbit and Salmon
- Available in 3 different sizes: 5 oz, 6 oz, and 16 oz pouch
- Made of real ingredients and whole food berries
- Less than 3 calories per treat
- Wholesome, small, and tender bites
Zukes Dog Treats Reviews:
- Many owners said their dogs loved all the flavors of Zuke’s Mini Naturals and were happy with the small size of the treat during training.
- Owners noted that these treats are great for dog training and teaching their puppies tricks.
- The majority of the customers’ dogs love and are crazy about these treats. The owners recall every time they hand out the treats, their dogs and puppy get very excited.
- Almost every positive review said they love how these quality training treats are made of natural ingredients and that there are no artificial colors or flavors.
- While some customers noted how strong the treats smell, they did point out that this powerful scent makes them a strong food lure during training and a rewarding, healthy treat for their dogs.
- A few customers pointed out that if you leave the treats out on a table for a while, the treats will easily dry out. If you aren’t careful and the treat bag isn’t sealed properly, the entire bag can dry out in days.
With over five years of specialized experience as an animal writer, my expertise lies in dog nutrition, health, behavior, grooming, and training. I am dedicated to delivering helpful and informative content that caters to the well-being of our furry friends. My primary goal is to empower pet owners with knowledge and ensure our canine companions thrive in health and happiness. In my free time, I love volunteering at local dog rescue centers.