Do you have dogs that like to roam around outdoor in your backyard or patio throughout the day? Do you find yourself having to get up from the comfort of your sofa or chair every time to open the door for them? Does this annoy you sometimes?
If so, an electronic dog door will solve this issue. Your dog can safely access your backyard whenever they like without interrupting your schedule. Active dog breeds like Border Collies, Labradors, or German Shepherds are very active and they require hours of exercise.
Electronic dog doors, also known as automatic dog doors, are flexible in that they can be permanently or temporarily installed. This means you can use and install an electronic dog door even if you live in a rental.
There are hundreds of electronic pet doors on the market, from electronic doors with microchips to sliding glass dog doors. We understand it can be confusing and time-consuming. That’s why we’ve researched a dozen of them and identified the best access doors for you. Hopefully, this will save you time and unnecessary headaches.
This electronic smart door is easy to install, set up, and use. It has 3 programmable modes with customizable access.
Through our research, the PetSafe Electronic SmartDoor for All Dog Sizes with Activated Collar came out on top and is our best dog door. Many dog owners choose the PetSafe pet door model because of its dainty size, technology-driven features, and isn’t an eyesore. If you have cats, this smartpet door works for them as well.
THE 5 TOP-RATED ELECTRONIC DOG DOORS FOR 2020
|Best Overall – Top Pick||PetSafe Electronic SmartDoor for All Dog Sizes with Activated Collar||4.2|
|Runner Up||High Tech Pet Electronic Dog Door||4.2|
|Best Budget||SureFlap Microchip Pet Door||4.0|
|Best Smart Dog Door||PlexiDor Electronic Dog Door||4.2|
|Best Electronic Dog Door for Sliding Glass Door||Endura Flap Thermo Panel 2e SureFlap Microchip Pet Door for Sliding Glass Door||4.0|
Our Top Pick: PetSafe Electronic SmartDoor for All Dog Sizes with Activated Collar
The most popular electronic dog doors, PetSafe Electronic SmartDoor for All Dog Sizes with Activated Collar comes with an installation kit that is designed for door installation. At a reasonable price, the PetSafe pet door comes in two available sizes depending on your preference or the size of your furry friends. You can choose either the large dog door or small door option to accommodate your furry friends.
If this is your first time searching for an electronic pet door, you will not be disappointed by this Pet Safe dog door.
With 3 programmable modes and customizable access, the PetSafe Electronic Smartdoor is easy to install, set up, and use.
If you prefer a door with dog door built in, you’ll be glad to know the PetSafe dog door has a small profile. making it less obvious that you have a doggy door installed. Additionally, the PetSafe Dog Door has the flexibility to be installed either inside or outside of your door. It’s also convenient for dog owners to control.
Only dogs wearing the waterproof SmartKey can access the automatic pet door. Dogs that are not wearing the SmartKey will not be able to access it, which gives you peace of mind.
PetSafe Electronic SmartDoor for All Dog Sizes with Activated Collar Key Features:
- Comes in 2 sizes: Large Dog Door with SmartKey and Small Door with SmartKey
- Customizable access allows you to program selective entry, exit and auto-locking options
- 3 programmable modes: Automatic, Unlocked, and Locked
- Comes with 5 waterproof SmartKey that should be worn on your dog’s collar
- Only dogs wearing the SmartKey can go in and out
- SmartDoor is battery operated, however, 4 D-Cell batteries are not included
- Installation kit available
- Designed for door installation, wall installation option available with the purchase of wall install kit
PetSafe Smart Door Reviews:
- Many pet owners noted how easy it was for their dogs to learn how to get through the Pet Safe Dog Door. Some dogs only took one day to learn it.
- Some dog owners have previous problems with raccoons getting through the doggy door. With the PetSafe Electronic Smartdoor, they haven’t had to experience this problem.
- The Pet Safe Dog Door is very easy to install. Installation took about a minute and it fits perfectly into their existing dog door hole.
- The best part about this smart pet door is that the flap is stable. It doesn’t swing open when it’s windy. The laundry room no longer floods when it rains.
- A few owners had to call customer service and they were great and helpful.
- A few owners wished the SmartKey was a bit more sensitive. It took their dogs about a week to learn to wait for the click to signal that it is unlocked.
- Make sure to train your dogs on how to use this product.
Our Runner Up Pick: High Tech Pet Electronic Dog Door
This motor-driven vertically-sliding door opens using a directional sensing system. Only when your dogs are on a direct approach will it automatically open for them.
If your dogs have a habit of sleeping near doors or walls and you are worried that this may unlock the smartpet door, then the High Tech Pet Electronic Dog Door is the solution.
The motor-driven vertically-sliding door opens using a directional sensing system so that only when your furry friends are on a direct approach will it automatically opens for them. After your dogs have entered or exited through the High Tech pet door, it will automatically close after them.
If your dogs love to sleep by or near the door or have a habit of wandering by it, you won’t have to worry that the door will unlock.
If you prefer a wall panel installation to a door panel installation, this weatherproof dog door is a great option. The permanent wall panel installation comes in two available sizes to accommodate your dogs’ size and your preferences.
The High Tech pet door also offers 4-way access control, which allows for greater access options.
Also, there is no dog door flap to be concerned about. Once the door closes, the seal is airtight and windproof. There’s no need to worry about drafts, leaks from heavy rain, or stray animals getting in.
Best of all, there is an added level of security – the automatic deadbolt lock, which keeps out the intruders.
High Tech Pet Electronic Dog Door Key Features:
- Comes in 2 sizes: Medium dog door and Large dog door
- MS-4 ultrasonic collar activates the motor-driven vertically-sliding door
- The door opens using a directional sensing system
- 4-way access control: In-Only, Out-Only, Full Access, Closed & Locked
- The seal is airtight, windproof, and weatherproof
- Automatic deadbolt lock adds another level of security
- Great for dogs up to 100 pounds
High Tech Pet Electronic Dog Door Review:
- Many dog owners noted that it was very easy to train their dogs to use this High Tech pet door.
- They also loved the convenience and reliability of this door and highly recommend it for any dog size.
- Installation of the electric dog door is easy.
- There’s plenty of room for their dogs to run through the High Tech pet door.
- Some owners used this to potty train their puppies. Now they leave the house for a few hours with peace of mind their dogs won’t have an accident inside the house.
- The High Tech pet door is highly recommended for those who live in rural areas. This door keeps away mice, chipmunks, possums, squirrels, and skunks.
- A few customers noted that the dog collar was smaller than they had expected.
- Some customers noted that the installation instruction is not clear.
Our Best Budget Pick: SureFlap Microchip Pet Door
This affordable microchip pet door keeps your dogs safe and secure without breaking the bank.
If you’re looking for a secure dog door at an affordable price, the SureFlap Microchip Pet Door is the solution. Coming in as our best budget pick, the 6 11/16” (H) by 7” (W) pet door can be installed into doors, windows, or walls.
The microchip door is perfect for dogs with and without an implanted ID microchip. If your furry friends do not have an implanted ID microchip, no worries. There are programmable collar tags that you can purchase separately. When your dogs walk up to the pet door, the door will scan their microchip ID number and unlock it accordingly.
Many owners prefer using an automatic pet door to prevent intruding animals from entering the home.
The simple button programming allows you to set curfew times for your canine companions. You can program the door to lock and unlock at specified times based on your preferences to ensure that they are getting their exercise in the morning and afternoon while staying indoor at night for safety.
We recommend a pet door that works with implanted microchips because it is a much safer option than doggy door systems that connect with your dog’s RFID collar. It’s natural for dogs to play, jump, and rough play and this could cause their RFID collar to potentially fall off. Due to rough play during the day, the dog’s collar could potentially fall off or be removed and that could be used to access your home without your knowledge.
Another reason we chose this pet door is that it can learn up to 32 identities, which means it can accommodate up to 32 pets, including dogs and cats. This solution is perfect if you love pets or is a pet sitter.
The door is battery-powered and uses 4 C non-rechargeable batteries, which are not included. Best of all, the microchip pet door comes with a 3-year warranty.
SureFlap Microchip Pet Door Key Features:
- Selective entry pet door uses RFID to read your dog’s implanted ID microchip
- The entry pet door can learn up to 32 identities
- For dogs without microchips, programmable collar tags are sold separately
- Simple one-button programming
- Able to set curfew time – the ability to program the door to lock and unlock at specified times
- Microchip compatibility – works with 9 Avid Secure, 10 FDXA, 15 FDXB digit microchip numbers
- Pet door can be installed into doors and windows
- Perfect built in dog door for walls
- Battery-powered – uses 4 C batteries (not included)
- Low battery indicator
- 3-year warranty
What customers are saying:
- Many owners noted that they’ve had this pet door for many years and it is by far the best on the market.
- One of the owners in the review has a background in engineering and said this is one of the best working electromechanical devices.
- You can set the curfew time and only need to program it once. Dogs know when they can go in and out every morning and afternoon. During the evening, the door will automatically lock again giving you peace of mind.
- A few owners noticed the door can be a bit slow to open and the plastic opening can be a bit heavy for some pets.
Best Smart Dog Door: PlexiDor Electronic Dog Door
This in wall dog door is great for large dogs and can be fitted into a wall. It includes one-touch programming and the ability to set timing.
If you have large size dogs and are looking for a smart dog door, the PlexiDor Electronic Dog Door can accommodate dogs up to 125 pounds.
Perfect built in dog door for walls, the PlexiDor Electronic Dog Door can be installed into cement walls, stud, brick, or block of up to 12 inches thick.
This purchase will come with a kit. The kit includes 2 waterproof PDE collar keys, which is great if you have more than one dog as well. The collar key easily snaps on to your dog’s collar.
With one-touch programming, the hardened ABS panel slides up and down smoothly like a mini electronic garage door.
Additionally, you can set the timing for how long you would like the door to be open. If you have children or puppies in the house, don’t fret. If the door pathway is obstructed by children, the door will not close. When the door is inactive, the door is securely locked with a 1/4 inch stainless steel deadbolt.
If you’re worried that the smartpet door will interfere with underground fences or home security systems, don’t worry because it won’t.
Best of all, this PlexiDor Electronic Dog Door is manufactured in the USA. It is both durable and scratch-resistant and comes with a 5 year limited warranty.
PlexiDor Electronic Dog Door Key Features:
- Available in white or bronze to match your walls
- Frames are made of hardened aluminum with a baked-on powder coated finish
- Durable and scratch-resistant
- Hardened ABS panel slides up and down like a mini electronic garage door
- Waterproof collar key weighs less than an ounce and snaps on your dog’s collar
- When inactive, the door is securely locked with a 1/4″ stainless steel deadbolt
- Comes with 2 PDE collar keys
- 1-touch programming adds or changes thousands of codes
- Will not interfere with underground fences or home security systems
- Manufactured in the USA
- 5-year limited residential warranty
PlexiDor Electronic Dog Door Review:
- Many owners have owned this doggie door for many years. They are still happy with it.
- The price is worth it because it can hold up well to high winds and heavy rain.
- Outstanding customer support that is professional, answer any and all of your questions and guide you through installation.
- Some owners have had the in-wall dog door for close to 10 years now and have used it for more than 5 dogs and their dogs loved it.
- Owners noticed that their dogs learned how to use the in-wall dog door very quickly. The door instructions were great and straight-forward.
- Pet owners said they’re glad they went with this choice because it is durable and high-quality. It doesn’t break even after years of use.
- A few owners said you do need to be handy if you’re going to install it yourself but it’s not as complicated as they had expected.
Best Electronic Dog Door for Sliding Glass Door: Endura Flap Thermo Panel 2e SureFlap Microchip Pet Door for Sliding Glass Door
This easy-to-install microchip dog door is specifically designed for a sliding glass door.
If you’re looking for a microchip dog door specifically for a sliding glass door, then the Endura Flap Thermo Panel 2e SureFlap Microchip Pet Door for Sliding Glass Door is the best dog door to get. The easy-to-install pet door is great for dogs up to 15 pounds and has a dog door flap dimension of 7″ (W) by 7″ (H).
For extra insulation value, the panel is made with dual pane low-E glass. Low-E glass technology helps to reduce heat loss in the winter and heat gain in the summer.
The sliding glass door with dog door built in is perfect for all dogs, whether they have implanted ID microchips or not. If your furry friend does not have an implanted ID microchip, don’t fret. The kit comes with 1 collar key. The kit also comes with weather stripping for your installation.
Thermo Panel 2e SureFlap Microchip Pet Door for Sliding Glass Door Key Features:
- Comes in 2 colors: white and bronze
- Comes in 2 track height sizes depending on your preference: 74 3/4 inch – 77 3/4 inch and 77 1/4 inch – 80 1/4 inch
- Microchip pet door flap dimension of 7″ (W) by 7″ (H)
- Dog door flap panel is made with dual pane Low-E glass for extra insulation value
- Accommodates dogs up to 15 pounds
- Programmable microchips or RFID collar keys for up to 32 pets
- Includes 1 additional collar key and weatherstripping for installation
What customers are saying:
- Many owners love the sliding glass door with dog door built-in. It prevents skunks, birds, or raccoons from entering the house.
- They noticed there is no more doggy dropping on the carpet since their dogs can get in and out of the glass door.
- Dogs can now potty without the owners waiting in the cold shivering.
- Some owners said their dogs were anxious but that it only took a week to train them.
- The door requires a microchip or RFID collar key to activate and unlock it, otherwise, it remains locked.
- Reviews said the installation was easy. They recommend reading the instructions twice before installing it.
- One owner didn’t like that the microchip door is placed so low.
Who Should Buy an Automatic Dog Door
An electronic pet door is a great purchase if you have a backyard or patio and would like to give your dogs the freedom to access the yard whenever they want.
If you find yourself in the following situations, then the electronic door provides a quick solution.
- Spending a lot of time climbing up and down the stairs to let your dogs out every morning and evening to do their potty.
- Getting up from the comfort of your seat to open the door for them
- Stopping whatever you are doing to open the door and let your dogs out.
Not only will the electronic door save you time, effort, and headache but also it will cut down the amount of time you have to get up and down or go back and forth from the door. Many dogs after being crate train will head out to the backyard through the automatic dog door and go potty by themselves.
Most importantly, most smart pet doors are easily programmable, which allows you to set time curfews for your dogs. This way, when you leave your home or are away from your house, the doggie doors will remain lock to prevent your furry friends from going outside.
Electronic dog doors are recommended for both apartment renters and homeowners.
There are different types of electronic doggy doors, including pet doors that are designed to be installed into sliding glass doors, walls, windows, and doors.
Fortunately, some do not require permanent installation. This way, if your annual lease is up and you have to move out, you can easily disassemble the doggy door and bring it with you to your new apartment. For example, a pet door that is designed to be installed into sliding glass doors does not require you to drill or cut anything out from your doors or walls.
Some pet doors are easier to install than others. It comes down to your preferences. Even homeowners may still choose to go with easy-to-install built in dog door options.
Best of all, many smart pet door models work with dogs that have implanted ID microchip. Whether your canines wear dog collars or have implanted microchips, they’ll still be able to use the automatic dog door.
So what are you waiting for? If you’re ready for a dog or are planning to get one, make sure getting an automatic pet door is on your list.
Before getting an electronic pet door, make sure your backyard or patio is secure so when your dogs do head outside, they are safe. We understand many dog owners allow their furry friends to use the automatic dog door and head outside even when they’re not at home.
Whether you are or aren’t home, keep in mind to keep your backyard and patio secure. You’ll enjoy the peace of mind that your pups are safe even when you can’t see them.
This electronic smart door is easy to install, set up, and use. It has 3 programmable modes with customizable access.
Key Features to Consider
There are a variety of key features to consider before selecting the best electronic dog door for you and your furry friends.
- Panel directional movement. Some electronic doggy doors slide up and down like an electronic garage door while other doggie doors use a flap system that flaps back and forth to allow your dogs to head in and out.
- Directional sensing system. Many owners prefer that only when their dogs are on a direct approach with the door will it automatically opens for them. There are safety reasons for choosing an electric dog door with a directional sensing system. If your furry friends love to lay nor nap near the doggy door or have a habit of walking by it, as dog owners, we don’t want the doggie door to unlock every time. Thus, a dog door with a directional sensing system will only unlock and open when your dogs are on a direct approach with the door to head out.
- Electronic door access control system and programmable timers. The access control is another feature that provides safety for your dogs. With the access control system, you can program the setting and timers of when your furry friends can go outside. For example, between 7 am to 5 pm, you can program the doggy door to remain unlock so when it detects your dogs’ microchip or SmartKey, it allows your furry friends to head outside and enjoy the grass, even when you’re not at home. Then from 5 pm to 7 am, the doggie door remains lock, no matter if it detects your dogs’ microchip or SmartKey. This way, it gives you peace of mind that your dog is inside and safe during the evening or early morning or that they are not barking in the middle of the night. Additionally, the access control system allows you to program how your dogs can use the door. For instance, you can program it so that the doggy door does not open from the outside when your furry friends are inside.
- Panel size. Depending on your dogs’ size, you’ll want to get an appropriate panel size that is large enough for them. For example, if you have a large dog, it is not a good idea to get a small panel size. Otherwise, your dog may get stuck going through or would have a hard time going through. Thus, it is crucial to measure your dogs first before you select the right panel and doggie door for them. It is also a good idea to measure the door, wall, or window that you plan to install the electric dog door into in order to ensure that it fits perfectly.
- Ease of installation. It is true that some smart pet doors are easier and quicker to install than others. Whichever smartpet door you choose to install, make sure you feel comfortable with the installation process. If you’re a DIY person, make sure you feel comfortable and prepared to install it. If you prefer to have a contractor install it, find one that is comfortable or has past experience with installing electronic doggy doors.
- Microchips or SmartKeys. Many electronic pet door models work with dogs that have implanted ID microchip. If your dogs don’t have an implanted ID microchip, that’s fine too. There are electronic doggie door kits that include collars with a microchip in them or tags that you can add to your furry friends’ existing collars. Wearing the microchips or SmartKeys allows your dog to operate the doggie door. When the microchip or SmartKey is close to the electric dog door, it activates the door and unlocks it.
- Remote control. With the remote control, you’ll be able to open the dog door even from the other side of the house.
- Construction material. If you’re looking for a durable doggy door, selecting stainless steel material is a good choice because it lasts longer than plastic. Decide which construction material you prefer, how long you want the doggy door to last, and the aesthetic appeal of the electronic pet door before you purchase it. Also, you’ll have to decide if you want a flap or a door with an airtight and windproof seal.
- Multiple pets. On one hand, if you have more than one dog, you’ll want to consider choosing an electronic dog door that allows multiple dogs to use it. On the other hand, if you only have one dog, perhaps it makes more sense to choose a doggy door that is meant for a single dog to use. If you’re considering getting another dog in the future, then you could go with a smartpet door that is meant for multiple dogs to use it. This way, once you bring home your second dog, you will already have a doggy door for him or her to use.
- Energy efficiency. One of the great features of electronic pet doors is that they provide energy efficiency than standard pet doors. Standard doggie doors will usually have flaps. Electronic doggy doors will close tightly when they are not in use and do not have space for outside hot air or cold air to enter the house. Choose a doggy door that seals up when it closes with a minimum amount of air to pass through. You can also choose a dog door with panels that are made with dual pane low-E glass. Low-E glass technology helps to reduce heat loss in the winter and heat gain in the summer, which provides extra insulation value for your home.
- Styles of Automatic Dog Door. There are several styles of electronic dog doors. There are wall-mounted, door mounted, patio door mounted and window mounted dog doors. Which one do you prefer?
What is the Best Electronic Dog Door?
The best dog door is one that provides your dog the freedom to head in and out whenever they like. It provides the feature both you and your dogs need.
The best electronic dog door is subjective as the best dog door for you may not be the best option for another dog owner. Depending on your preferences, you’ll have to choose a doggie door that is best for you.
Preferences may include whether to install into a door, wall or window and the aesthetic appeal of the electronic pet door.
Are Dog Doors a Security Risk?
The majority of traditional doggie doors pose a security risk because it is simply a flap that allows not just your dogs into the house, but intruders as well.
That’s why many dog owners choose to go with electronic dog doors. Electronic dog doors are much safer for your dog and home. With electronic dog doors, dog owners are able to program it according to their preferences and the time frame that their canine companions can head in and out.
Best of all, the automatic doggy doors keeps out the draft during winter or leaks from heavy rain.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What Is An Electronic Dog Door? How Does It Work?
Similar to a traditional doggie door, an electronic doggie door allows your furry friends to head out to your backyard and back into the house through a square or rectangular opening that is installed in your home, whether in a door, wall, or window.
You save yourself the time and energy from getting up from where you are to open the door for your dogs whenever they need to potty or head out to roam around in the backyard.
On one hand, a traditional doggie door uses a simple swinging flap to allow your dogs in and out of the house. They allow draft and animal intruders into the house.
On the other hand, the automatic dog door is programmed to open by using either an infra-red or magnetic electronic frequency transmission emitted from a microchipped collar, implanted ID microchip, or tag that is worn by your furry friends.
After your dog walks through the door, it will automatically lock until it detects your dogs again to let them in. In this way, it will only allow your dogs to enter and exit and not a random skunk, squirrel, chipmunk, or raccoon.
Additionally, some electronic doggy doors allow you to program them to lock at certain times of the day. For example, you can program it to lock at night between 5 pm to 7 am so they don’t head out to the backyard during this time frame.
There are also electronic pet doors that come with a remote control device so you can open the door as needed from across the house.
How Do You Install An Electronic Dog Door?
Depending on the electronic door model you select, installation can be quick and easy or could take up to a few hours.
The more complex the doggy door, the longer it will take to install. If you’re fitting it into a wall or door, you may have to cut through the wall or door to install it.
Others like sliding glass doors need to be placed on a sliding door’s track.
With a simple tape measurement, measure your dogs to make sure you know the exact size of the electronic dog door to get. The door should provide enough space for your dogs to walk through.
When you purchase an electronic doggie door kit, it should come with an installation guide and template. The manufacturer’s guidelines will provide you step by step on how to install the automatic dog door.
For your convenience, we’ve listed a step-by-step guide on to install the automatic pet door.
First, we recommend that you tape the template down to where you want the dog door with blue tape. It should be at least 3 inches from the bottom of the door.
Second, you should trace the template. Using a pencil, mark down where the screws or other hardware should go.
Third, pre-drill the holes for the screws or any hardware.
Next, with a jigsaw, cut the opening in the door along the traced lines.
Finally, insert the electric dog door frame and make sure it is flush against the door. To prevent gaps between the door and the dog door frame, you can use caulk around the frame. This will prevent air or leaks from flowing through.
What Should I Measure Before Purchasing An Electronic Dog Door?
When it comes to purchasing an electronic doggie door for your dogs, you’ll need to measure the size of your dogs and the size of the door.
Get a hold of a measuring tape. To find out the height, measure your dogs’ height from the ground to their shoulders. To find the width, measure from shoulder to shoulder so that your dogs are able to pass through the automatic dog door.
You’ll also want to measure the size of the actual door that you plan to install the automatic pet door into. This way, the automatic dog door will fit properly into the actual door.
Can You Install Dog Door Into A Wall?
Yes, depending on which electronic dog door you select, you can install the dog door into a wall.
Keep in mind that not all electronic doggy doors can be safely installed in walls. Since walls are much thicker than doors, you’ll have to drill through the thick walls, which also takes longer. You’ll also have to insert wires or other installation materials. If you’re aware of this and would still like to install it into a wall, you can definitely do so.
Some dog owners prefer to install it themselves while others choose to hire a contractor to install it for them. Before you install the dog door into the wall, check with your locality to see if you’ll need a permit to do so.
Other Electronic Dog Doors We Reviewed
We’ve also looked at 3 other electronic dog doors. Although they didn’t make it to our top 5 best access doors list, they’re the best from the hundreds of electronic dog doors out there in the market right now. These electronic dog doors are great for your canine companions and for your home.
Like the top 5 electronic dog doors above, we’ll include the product information as well as the customers’ reviews, both pros and cons so you can compare and find the best access door for you, your dogs, and your home.
- Microchip Dog Door For Small Dogs
- Electronic Dog Door Panels For Small Dogs
- Electronic SmartDoor Wall Entry Pet Door
Microchip Dog Door For Small Dogs
The smart app-controlled microchip dog door allows you to stay connected to your dog no matter where you are.
If you’re looking for a smart app-controlled microchip pet door, you can count on SureFlap Microchip Pet Door Connect Without Hub. You will need to purchase the SureFlap Hub separately. The SureFlap Hub is required because it acts as the link between the app, your home router, and SureFlap Connect products.
The microchip door will ensure that only your dogs will be able to access it and not an intruder. From your smartphone app, you’ll be able to lock and unlock the door remotely from across the room as well as change the curfew times so your dogs stay safe indoor.
The app controlled dog door will not only save you time, but also provide you with optimal convenience.
SureFlap Microchip Pet Door Connect Without Hub Key Features:
- Smart app-controlled microchip dog door
- Ability to lock and unlock the pet door remotely
- Ability to change curfew times
- Great for small dogs
What customers are saying:
✅ Many dog owners said this microchip electronic door changed their life. They lived in the suburbs where there are tons of raccoons and had bad raccoon problems. Now with the microchip door, they are able to sleep peacefully without having to wake up in the middle of the night to manage the animal situation.
✅ Owners happily said the doggy door locks and unlocks perfectly with no problem every time.
✅ Many owners also said they love that they can use the smartphone app to be able to lock and unlock the dog door remotely from across the room. They’re able to use the app to also control the curfew times as well.
❌ A few owners said they noticed the battery life seems to have a shorter life than the original version. They noticed the battery lasts about 4 months.
Electronic Dog Door Panels For Small Dogs
The easy to install electronic pet door is great for interior or exterior use.
The Ideal Pet Products E-Z Pass Electronic Pet Door has a durable frame that is great for doors ranging from 1 1/4″ to 1 3/4″ in thickness. The smart pet door comes with an RFID or Radio Frequency ID sensor FOB that easily and quickly attaches to your dogs’ collar. When your dogs wear the RFID sensor FOB on their collars and are in direct sensing with the door, the RFID dog door will unlock.
The easy-to-install dog door has a 7″ x 9″ unbreakable Lexan flap that is great for small dogs up to 25 pounds and is best for both interiors or exterior use. If you prefer a rechargeable battery pack, it is sold separately.
Ideal Pet Products E-Z Pass Electronic Pet Door Key Features:
- Durable dog door frame
- RFID (Radio Frequency ID) sensor FOB attaches to your dog’s collar
- The flap is transparent, 7″ x 9″, and unbreakable Lexan
- Great for small dogs up to 25 pounds
- Easy installation
- For interior and exterior use
- Optional rechargeable battery pack sold separately
What customers are saying:
✅ Owners were happy with this RFID dog door and said it is easy to install and set up.
✅ When it is the summer and the house is running on the air-conditioner, the dog owners have peace of mind that the AC air will not escape outdoors.
❌ A customer noticed that while the photo of the RFID pet door looks white, in reality, it is dark-off white so the color of the dog door didn’t match their white door precisely. Overall, they like the doggie door with collar sensor, despite the color.
Electronic SmartDoor Wall Entry Pet Door
The SmartDoor includes programmable entry, exit, and auto-locking functions and is impact-resistant and UV-resistant.
If you’re looking for a wall-mounted smartpet door that is easy to install, the PetSafe Electronic SmartDoor Wall Entry Pet Door is the perfect solution. The large PetSafe Dog Door accommodates any interior or exterior walls up to 7 1/4 in thick. The kit comes with installation instructions and cutting templates and the telescoping design allows for quick installation by framing wall cut-out.
The durable frame has LED indicators and allows you to program it according to you and your dogs’ preferences. There are entry, exit, and auto-locking functions you can program that is convenient for both you and your dogs. Best of all, the frame is durable, impact-resistant, and UV-resistant. It will keep out rain and drafts.
PetSafe Wall Entry Pet Door with Telescoping Tunnel Key Features:
- Programmable selective entry, exit, and auto-locking functions
- Durable dog door frame with LED indicators
- Installation instructions and cutting templates included
- Battery-operated SmartKey to be on on your dog’s collar
- The kit allows the installation of a dog door in any interior or exterior wall of up to 7 1/4 inch thick
- Telescoping design
- Durable, impact-resistant, and UV-resistant single frame and tunnel
PetSafe Smart Door Reviews:
✅ Dog owners love that they can customize their dog’s access with this Pet Safe Dog Door.
❌ The battery may run out quicker than expected.
I’m a pet lover who has years of pet sitting and grooming experience. I thought it would be a great idea to share my experience with all pet owners so they can also keep their canine companions healthy, happy, and clean!